Saturday, August 28, 2010

I dreamed a dream...

Ben was reading in one of my pregnancy books the other night. He skipped ahead a few chapters and he started reading a section aloud that said something like, "Are you having very vivid dreams lately? Do you remember your dreams more when you wake up? Do your dreams seem more bizzare and real than normal?" As he read aloud I kept saying, "Yes....Yes...Yes!" I have super weird dreams. At least now I can blame them on pregnancy.

The book had a little table of explanations like: if you dream about your mother, it means you're feeling anxious about becoming a mother. Or if you dream about past loves or relationships, it means you want to feel attractive. That makes me laugh. Anyway, I looked down the list for an explanation of aggressive behavior in dreams, because mine are like that quite often. I've had dreams about being annoyed that some guy left a sock on the floor so I beat him up and shoved him down a set of stairs, or my brother was being annoying so I kicked him to the ground. What is wrong with me?! And the dreams are so real to me that I wake up and I'm all stressed out. I say to Ben, "I had a bad dream" and then he's sweet enough to ask me to tell him about it. It's turning into a daily wake up routine for us.

Last night I had a dream that I was on SPAC again (SPAC is the backup folk dance team at BYU). This other girl and I were sent out to find tour clothes, and we found some skirts that were really cute. So we come back, and Lindsay O. says we can't wear those and that she's deciding that we're going to wear black pants and white shirts. So I'm all, "Who made you in charge? You don't get to decide. The rest of us like the skirts." So then Lindsay gets mad, steals my tap shoes, and tells a bunch of guys to play tennis with my shoes. I was so mad and crying because I could see my shoes getting whacked and the taps breaking in half and I couldn't do anything about it. Gosh Lindsay. Thanks a lot.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for my bad dream behavior. Tap shoes are sacred. How could I?

    Sorry about your psycho dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA HA! I know it must be disturbing to have the dreams, but it sure is fun for me to read about them. And yes, Lindsay, how could you desecrate the tap shoes? I always had the ex-boyfriend dreams... I guess it makes sense since I was feeling like a cow when I was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha!!! I so remember having weird dreams too when I was pregnant. I think it's hilarious though that you had a bad dream about picking out tour clothes. :) Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete